Thursday, October 4, 2012

ZooBurst


Link to My ZooBurst:
http://www.zooburst.com/book/zb04_506b09afe4470

I very much disliked ZooBurst. The main issue with ZooBurst in the user interface. It's not clear what all the buttons do. For instance the pop time and pop delay buttons are confusing. I set them the same on two different pictures and they came up at separate times. I also found it very difficult to select the pictures themselves. Whenever I clicked on them it seemed like pure chance weather or not It will register the click. This can sometimes cause you to mess stuff up when trying to select something which do to the complete lack of an undo button can be very frustrating.  It feels weird changing things and in order to see your ZooBurst for checking purposes you need to exit and then go back in to view it. To get back you need to back out again and then go back to the editing. Very time consuming and annoying for no good reason. They couldn't just put a button to view it? To top it all of the end product isn't very impressive. To be fair my book was pretty bad but it's very confusing and difficult to pull anything off without a lot of practice. I will never use this website again unless forced to in the future. I believe storybird was vastly superior because you could focus on making the story rather than fighting the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment